Want to start scrapbooking but couldn’t figure out how? Don’t worry – we got you covered!
Let’s start by creating your first scrapbook page first. The following supply list will not serve as a standard for scrapbooking, but they will be your helpful guidelines based on the experiences of expert makers.
Here are the things you need to prepare first:
- Paper cutter or trimmer
- Scissors (for general cutting)
- Journaling pen
- 12 in * 12 in scrapbook album
- 12 in * 12 in scrapbook page
- 12 in * 12 in scrapbook paper
- Card stock
- Photos (at least 4)
- Stickers and embellishments (optional)
- Sort photos. Four 4 photos must have a common theme.
- Choose one photo as the focal point. Simply select the main photo and the rest will be for the sides.
- Choose embellishments and paper. Go for colors that highlight the photos.
- Make use of coordinating paper & stickers. ‘Coordinating’ means matching the paper style.
- Create a background which can be a scrapbook paper or patterned paper with card stock.
- Double-mat the main photo which means to add another piece of paper underneath.
- Group-mat the remaining photos then add them.
- Add journaling, either handwritten or pre-printed.
- Include simple embellishments, and lastly, incorporate the scrapbook page to the scrapbook album