It can also be something you can look at it in the future. So, before you face the stress once they grow up, it’s time to start scrapbooking while they’re still little.
Before we dive deeper into the details of the supplies we need to create a baby scrapbook, let’s get inspired by this super cute scrapbook for a baby girl:
Now, what do we need to create our own baby scrapbook. For starters, you want to secure the following materials and tools listed below. Take note that these are just the basic requirements for the activity. You are free to add your own touch of creativity.
- 12 in * 12 in scrapbook album
- Patterned papers
- Cardstock in colors matching the patterned paper
- Paper trimmer capable of cutting a 12 x 12 inch paper
- Acid-free glue
- Photo corners
- Journaling pen
- Stickers and other embellishments
Organizing the Scrapbook
Here are tips on how to organize your scrapbook materials:
- Sort photos in accordance to the date
- Figure out what text you will be writing
- Position the photos on the page before applying adhesives and writings
- If in doubt, try to look for ‘scrapbook sketches’ online.
Ideas For Scrapbook Pages
There will be a lot of firsts in your scrapbook pages, and it is better to categorize them to have some sort of uniformity. They can be according to the months passed by or by the events that happened.
Here are some of the examples of your babies’ situations that you can include:
- First family picture
- First month
- First tooth
- First steps
- First words
- First birthday
It’s up to you at what point you stop, but it is highly recommended to leave enough space before your babies become toddlers.